Frequently Asked Questions
Is ROC Race timed?
This is an untimed event. The main focus is all about the fun rather than the competition!
What is the age range of this event?
You must be 13 or older by the day of the event to participant – no exceptions!
Can I skip an obstacle?
We encourage everyone to try all the obstacles, but if there’s one that isn’t for you feel free to go around!
Can I Volunteer for the roc race?
Absolutely! Click here if you would like to Volunteer for the ROC Race!
How do I know my registration went through?
You will receive a confirmation email for your registration. If you don’t see one, check your spam folder. If you still don’t see one, send us an email at email@example.com so we can ensure your email was entered correctly and your registration went through. As the race date approaches, we will email you with race info.
- Teams are free to create and are designed for friends, family and coworkers to be grouped together.
- Teams are guaranteed to get the same start time ONLY IF everyone is registered for the same starting wave.
- There is no minimum or maximum amount of people who can be on a team. You can be a team of 1 or 100!
- Team Captains can monitor who has registered for their team and for which time wave by signing in at myevents.active.com. This works great for keeping track of large groups.
- When registering, be sure one person is selected to create the team. If duplicate teams are created within a party, they cannot be merged.
As the Team Captain, how do I create my team?
- You must create your team during the online registration process before your team members can join your team.
- During the registration process, select the option to “Create a Team”.
- Enter in your desired team name.
- You will become the Team Captain after you have completed the Team Creation process.
- Once you have registered and created your team, your team name will appear in the drop-down menu and your team members will be able to join when they sign up.
- Be sure to take note of what Wave you registered for. All team members must be registered for the same Wave to ensure that the entire team will run at the same start time.
- Once a team is created, the Team Captain is locked in to that team. They cannot transfer off of the team. Team members will have the freedom to transfer off of a team at any time if they wish to do so.
- Payment will be due at the end of registration. You will only be paying for yourself. Additional team members joining will pay individually after they register.
- Team members can join your created team at a later date. We urge additional team members to register as soon as possible so they can register for their desired time wave before it sells out. Once a time wave is sold out, no additional team members can be registered for that time wave.
Can I prepay for team members?
- Yes, but only the team captain can prepay at the time of creating the team.
- Select “create a team”.
- Enter your team name then select “yes” for the Prepay for team members option.
- You can then select the number of team members you want to prepay for, not including yourself.
- After you complete your registration, you must login to your account at myevents.active.com and select “Invite pre-paid team members”.
- It will then send them an email with a link for them to complete their registration.
- Please note they will still have to pay for the $5 mandatory insurance fee as well as any additional upgrades they want to purchase.
- The benefits for prepaying for team members is that it reserves a spot if the race sells out, you don’t have to decide right away who is going to use the registration, and it guarantees you the current price of registration at the time you sign up.
- If you have a discount for registration, it will apply to any additional pre-paid registrations as well. If you have a discount for any additional items, it will not apply and they will have to use it while completing their registration, expiration dates still apply.
I’m a team captain, can I pick up my team’s packets?
Yes, you can. Anyone can pickup packets for other people as long as you show us a copy of every person’s photo ID (printed or electronic) that you are picking up for.
What if I have the largest team?
The largest team on race day will receive 25% cash back! The 25% is based on the registration each person on the team paid. This does not include additional items, upgrades, or fees. The team captain of the winning team will be notified via email after the event. We will mail the check to the captain.
What is your refund policy?
ROC Race is a rain-or-shine event. No refunds will be issued if you are unable to participate regardless of circumstances. If an event is postponed, your registration will be honored for the new date of the event.
Can I transfer my registration to another person?
Registrations can be transferred up to 1 week before the race. To transfer, login to your account at myevents.active.com. Once the new person has claimed the transfer request and paid the current registration price, you will be refunded your registration fee (minus the $5 transfer fee).
Can I transfer to a different event?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the race you are currently signed up for and the one you’d like to be moved into. We can only move you into races that currently have registration open. There is a $10 fee for all event transfers. You can no longer transfer your registration after your event has passed.
How do I move from one start time to another?
If you need to switch from one wave to another, you can do so by logging into myevents.active.com and selecting “Change event category”. If you want to change times within your wave after time slots are announced you can make a request by emailing email@example.com Note: Time changes and requests are not a guarantee, but we will do our best to accommodate you pending time slot capacities. If a wave is sold out (ie. Wave 1), we will not be able to move you into it.
What is the insurance contribution fee?
The insurance contribution is a mandatory part of the registration for the Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge event. Even with your own insurance, our provider requires every participant must purchase accident insurance in case of an injury that occurs during the event to supplement your own personal insurance if your insurance does not fully cover you.
What is the difference between the regular tshirt and the tech tee?
The regular tshirt is cotton and the tech tee is made of a higher quality material that is designed for running. You can upgrade to a tech tee for $20 and $10 of your purchase goes straight to the Challenged Athletes Foundation!
Do I need to sign a waiver?
Yes – all participants are required to sign a waiver which is in the registration process.
I’m a team captain – how do I check who’s on my team?
Go to https://myevents.active.com and log in to access your team center. Team captains will be able to see anyone that’s on your team.
I got charged twice, what happened?
If you see another charge on your account about 30 days after you registered, it’s probably because you chose the active advantage upgrade while signing up. This doesn’t go through our system so we can’t refund you, but if you did this by accident you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a refund.
How do I know what my start time is?
If you chose a preferred start time during registration, that is only a request and not your actual start time. We will send you an email at least 1 week before the event with your specific start time. Make sure to check your spam folder too! If you sign up the week of the event you will get an email within 48 hours of registering. Your start time will also be listed on your bib. Time slot assignment is random and not based on when you signed up. Please note, you must sign up under the same team to guarantee you will run at the same time as your friends. When assigning start times for teams, we will only take the preferred start time of the captain into consideration.
When can I pick up my race number and tshirt?
You have two options:
1. Race numbers and tshirts will be given out at Packet Pickup, which is usually held the day before the race. Check out your city’s page for details.
2. You can pick up on race day by arriving at least 1 hour before your start time. There is a $5 fee to pick up your packet on race day.
Please bring a photo ID to pickup your packet!
Can someone else pickup my packet?
Yes, as long as we see that they have permission from you to pickup your packet as well as a copy of your ID (phone picture will work).
I paid for extra items when I registered, how do I get them?
If you purchased any merchandise during registration, you will pick it up when you pick up the rest of your race materials – either at packet pickup before the event or on race day. This is the only option to retrieve your items. If you can no longer make the race and can’t make it to packet pickup, you will have to have a friend pick up your materials with a copy of your ID. Remember, there are no refunds!
This weather is ridiculous! What do we do?
ROC Race is an all weather event, which means ROC Race will operate in any weather condition that we still consider safe for our participants. A little bit of rain never hurt a ROC Star, especially since there are water elements throughout the course anyway! In the event of an extreme weather condition such as a hurricane, lightning storm, wildfire or meteor strike, we will inform you of any changes to our event schedule via email, our web page for the event, and our Facebook page. If you want to check for any changes to the schedule of your ROC event, please check these information sources. Also, please utilize our official means of communication listed above as the only sources of information to make decisions regarding your participation in the ROC Race. We are not responsible for social media posts claiming to have updates about our event that are not from ROC Race.
What time do I need to arrive on race day?
Please plan on arriving at least 1 hour prior to your race start time to park and get your bag checked in. Traffic will be heavy on race day so please leave extra early and carpool if possible.
What should and shouldn’t I bring to the event?
Bring: a towel and change of clothes and shoes (you will get very wet!), your ID, and extra cash (parking, food, merchandise, etc.)
DON’T bring: Pets, BBQs, coolers, and glass containers are not allowed at the event. There is no tailgating or overnight camping.
Where do we park?
Parking volunteers will direct you when you enter the venue. Please follow their directions and keep the flow of traffic moving. This is a very large event with a lot of vehicles entering and exiting the event site. We encourage carpooling!
Is parking included in the participant fee?
Most venues charge separately for their parking and is usually cash only. Please check the specific location for more info.
Should I carpool?
YES! It will help reduce parking lot traffic and most venues charge for parking.
Is there a bag check?
Yes, it’s free! Attach the bag check portion of your bib to your bag. Make sure to hold on to your bib to pickup your bag after the race!
Is there a changing area?
We will have male and female private changing areas for you to get into some clean/dry clothes.
Do I have to wear my race number?
Yes, you are required wear your bib number, you will not be allowed on the course without it! You must start at the race time indicated on your bib. If your start time is incorrect, please go to the registration area to get this fixed.
Is there a spectator area?
Yes, spectators are free! Spectator areas vary by venue, but most events will have a spectator area near the start line, finish line and a few of the obstacles near the finish line.
Do I need to know how to swim?
You do not need to swim during this course. The deepest water pool is at the Wrecking Ball obstacle and is approximately 4 feet deep – shallow enough to stand up and walk across. Life vests are not provided; however, life guards are positioned at each corner of the obstacle to ensure everyone’s safety. We encourage everyone to try all the obstacles, but if there’s one that isn’t for you, feel free to go around.
Will there be food and beverage after the race?
This will vary by location, but make sure to bring cash and your ID to enjoy!
Is a charity or non-profit benefitting from ROC Race?
Checkout the specific race location page for charity info!