Frequently Asked Questions
Is ROC Race timed?
This is an untimed event. The main focus is all about the fun rather than the competition!
What is the age range of this event?
The ROC Race is for ages 13 and up.
Can I skip an obstacle?
We encourage everyone to try all the obstacles, but if there’s one that isn’t for you feel free to go around!
Can I Volunteer for the roc race?
Absolutely! Click here if you would like to Volunteer for the ROC Race!
How do I see my race photos?
We will email out the link and also post it on the specific location page. You will need your bib number to look them up easily so don’t forget your number! We do not keep records of your bib number.
How do I know my registration went through?
You will receive a confirmation email for your registration. If you don’t see one, check your spam folder. If you still don’t see one, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ensure your email was entered correctly and your registration went through. As the race date approaches, we will contact you with more information.
- Teams are free to create and are designed for friends, family and coworkers to be grouped together.
- Teams are guaranteed to get the same start time ONLY IF everyone is registered for the same starting wave (morning or afternoon).
- There is no minimum or maximum amount of people who can be on a team. You can be a team of 1 or 100!
- Team Captains can monitor who has registered for their team and for which time wave. This works great for keeping track of large groups.
- When registering, be sure one person is selected to create the team. If duplicate teams are created within a party, they cannot be merged.
As the Team Captain, how do I create my team?
- You must create your team during the online registration process before your team members can join your team.
- During the registration process, you will have the option to select “Create a Team”.
- Select “Create a Team”. At this point enter in your desired team name (you can change your team name at any time by emailing customer service if you cannot think of a creative one at the moment of registration).
- You will become the Team Captain after you have completed the Team Creation process.
- Once you have registered and created your team, your team name will appear in the drop-down menu and your team members will be able to join.
- Be sure to take note of what Time Wave you registered for. All team members must be registered for the same Time Wave to ensure that the entire team will run at the same time.
- Once a team is created, the Team Captain is locked in to that team. They cannot transfer off of the team. Team members will have the freedom to transfer off of a team at any time if they wish to do so.
- Payment will be due at the end of registration. You will only be paying for yourself. Additional team members joining will pay individually after they register.
- Team members can join your created team at a later date. We urge additional team members to register as soon as possible so they can register for their desired time wave before it sells out. Once a time wave is sold out, no additional team members can be registered for that time wave.
What is your refund policy?
ROC Race is a rain-or-shine event. No refunds will be issued if you are unable to participate regardless of circumstances. If an event is postponed, your registration will be honored for the new date of the event.
Can I transfer my registration to another person?
Registrations can be transferred up to 1 week before the race. Email email@example.com for transfers with the following information of the new person: first name, last name, email address, phone number, date of birth, home address, emergency contact name and number, and shirt size. There is a $5 fee for all transfers.
Can I transfer to a different event?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the race you are currently signed up for and the one you’d like to be moved into. This includes day changes for races that have 2 days. We can only move you into races that currently have registration open. There is a $10 fee for all event transfers.
How do I move from one start time to another?
You can make a request by emailing email@example.com Note: Time changes and requests are not a guarantee, but we will do our best to accommodate you. If a wave is sold out (ie. the morning wave), we will not be able to move you into it.
What is the insurance contribution fee?
The insurance contribution is a mandatory part of the registration for the Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge event. Even with your own insurance, our provider requires every participant must purchase accident insurance in case of an injury that occurs during the event to supplement your own personal insurance if your insurance does not fully cover you.
What is the difference between the regular tshirt and the tech tee?
The regular tshirt is cotton and the tech tee is made of a higher quality material that is designed for running. You can upgrade to a tech tee for $20 and $10 of your purchase goes straight to the Challenged Athletes Foundation! Tech tee below-
Do I need to sign a waiver?
Yes – all participants are required to sign a waiver which is in the registration process.
I’m a team captain – how do I check who’s on my team?
Go to https://myevents.active.com and log in to access your team center. Team captains will be able to see anyone that’s on your team.
How do I know if I was one of the first 50 people to register?
We will send you an email to let you know and we will automatically add your free upgraded tech tee.
I got charged twice, what happened?
If you see another charge on your account about 30 days after you registered, it’s probably because you chose the active advantage upgrade while signing up. This doesn’t go through our system so we can’t refund you, but if you did this by accident you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a refund.
How do I know what my start time is?
We will send you an email at least 1 week before the event with your specific start time. Make sure to check your spam folder too! If you sign up the week of the event you will get an email within 48 hours of registering. Your start time will also be listed on your bib. Time slot assignment is random and not based on when you signed up. Please note, you must sign up under a team name in the same start wave (morning or afternoon) to guarantee you will run at the same time as your friends.
When can I pick up my race number and tshirt?
You have two options:
1. Race numbers and tshirts will be given out at Packet Pickup, which is usually held on the Thursday & Friday before the race. Check out your city’s page for details.
2. You can pick up on race day by arriving at least 1 hour before your start time. There is a $5 fee to pick up your packet on race day.
Please bring a photo ID to pickup your packet!
Can someone else pickup my packet?
Yes, as long as we see that they have permission from you to pickup your packet as well as a copy of your ID (phone picture will work).
This weather is ridiculous! What do we do?
ROC Race is an all weather event, which means ROC Race will operate in any weather condition that we still consider safe for our participants. A little bit of rain never hurt a ROC Star, especially since there are water elements throughout the course anyway! In the event of an extreme weather condition such as a hurricane, lightning storm, wildfire or meteor strike, we will inform you of any changes to our event schedule via email, our web page for the event, and our Facebook page. If you want to check for any changes to the schedule of your ROC event, please check these information sources. Also, please utilize our official means of communication listed above as the only sources of information to make decisions regarding your participation in the ROC Race. We are not responsible for social media posts claiming to have updates about our event that are not from ROC Race.
What time do I need to arrive on race day?
Please plan on arriving at least 1 hour prior to your race start time to park and get your bag checked in. Traffic will be heavy on race day so please leave extra early and carpool if possible.
What should and shouldn’t I bring to the event?
Bring: a towel and change of clothes and shoes (you will get very wet!), your ID, cash for yummy things, and tons of fun
DON’T bring: Pets, BBQs, coolers, and glass containers are not allowed at the event. Also, we’re sorry, but there is no tailgating or overnight camping.
Where do we park?
Parking volunteers will direct you when you enter the gates. Please follow their directions and keep the flow of traffic moving. This is a very large event with a lot of vehicles entering and exiting the event site. We encourage carpooling to this event!
Is parking included in the participant fee?
Most venues charge separately for their parking and is usually cash only. Please check the specific location for more info.
Should I carpool?
YES! It will help reduce parking lot traffic and most venues charge for parking.
Is there a bag check?
Yes, it’s free! Attach the bag check portion of your bib to your bag. Make sure to hold on to your bib to pickup your bag after the race!
Is there a changing area?
We will have male and female private changing areas for you to get into some clean/dry clothes.
Do I have to wear my race number?
Yes, you are required wear your bib number, you will not be allowed on the course without it! You must start at the race time indicated on your bib. If your start time is incorrect, please go to the registration area to get this fixed. This is also used for race photos. BE SURE TO WEAR IT ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT, SO THAT YOU CAN GET YOUR PHOTOS!
Is there a spectator area?
Yes, spectators are free! Spectator areas vary by venue, but most races will have a spectator area near the start line, finish line and a few of the obstacles near the finish line.
Is there a costume contest?
Yes, the start line announcer will give out wristbands periodically throughout the day. Take your wristband to the registration table after you run to claim your prize. No wristband, no prize, no exceptions!
Will there be food and beverage after the race?
Yes – plenty! Please bring cash and your ID to enjoy the day’s treats.
Is a charity or non-profit benefitting from ROC Race?
Checkout the specific race location page for charity info!