ROC Race is nothing without our awesome volunteers! We have shifts available before the event at Packet Pickup and on race day. Your duties could include day of check-in, T-shirt distribution, merchandise tent, bag check, water stations, working obstacles, and motivating runners through the course.
If you are a group of 10 or more, please click here for more information and to sign up.
For all your hard work, all volunteers will receive:
- Opportunity to run at a discounted rate. Learn More
(Volunteers must register with the Volunteer Coordinator in order to get the discount to run.)
- 20% off Merchandise on the day of your shift
- Event access and parking
- Exclusive ROC Race Volunteer T-shirt
- A day of fun at the most ridiculous 5k run!
- Must be 13 years old or older at
the time of the event to volunteer.
- Must stay for entire shift.
- Must sign ROC Race waiver.
- Flexibility on your assigned task.
- A smiling face!
We are now accepting volunteers for the DC event.
We are now accepting volunteers for the NYC event.
About Volunteer Shifts
- Packet Pickup: You’ll be the first face to face interaction participants will experience, so smiling faces are important! Volunteers will be checking in participants on iPads, distributing bibs, answering questions and handing out shirts. Typical shift is 6 hours. Check the volunteer sign-up form for the exact location for your city.
- Day of Event: Volunteers will be helping with of variety of tasks including, but not limited to: check-in, T-shirt distribution, merchandise tent, bag check, water stations, working at obstacles, and motivating runners through the course. Typical shift is between 5-6 hours.
- Snacks and beverages will be provided. If you have any food allergies, please let the Volunteer Coordinator know in advance.
- If you have any special circumstances or feel uncomfortable performing a specific task, please let the Volunteer Coordinator know in advance.
After Signing Up
- You will automatically receive a confirmation, and you will receive a detailed email 2-3 weeks before the event with more information.
- If you are no longer available for the shift you signed up for or need to switch it, please email us as soon as possible.
- The more the merrier! Invite your friends to volunteer as well!
Still Have Questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific city you’re inquiring about in the subject line.